Friday, January 28, 2011

My Weird Dream

I love it when I can remember my dreams. It doesn't often happen. Hey, I'm a busy mother. I am lucky to get enough sleep at night. I sleep lightly, but I sleep deeply at the same time. It's a mom thing. Anyway, that means I don't frequently remember my dreams. A couple mornings ago, I woke up with the memory of a vivid, strange dream. I thought I would share it here.

My mother and I were in a shopping mall. We were looking at pictures of my youngest sister and her boyfriend. They were prom king and queen in the photos. At the mall, the same sister was competing in a Thanksgiving food eating contest with many other girls her age. None of them looked happy to be there.

As my sister was scarfing down mashed potatoes, my mother asked me if her sneakers...sneakers, mind you, made her look fat. I assured her that, no, they didn't make her look fat in the least bit.

At that moment, a snooty woman with a bully breed of dog on a thin flexible leash walked by us and her dog began attacking my mother! He was barking and biting and lunging at her. My mother and I yelled at the owner of the dog, using many expletives, chiding her to get out of the mall with her crazy-ass dog. She was offended and refused to leave.instead, she kept walking through the mall.

My mother and I ran after her, yelling at her to leave.I asked my mother to call the police, but she wouldn't donut. I got the feeling she was afraid of the police, though she never said so. She just wouldn't call them.

It irritated me that she wouldn't call (why didn't I just call? Dreams are funny things). so I ran out of the mall into the parking lot.

My mother came racing past me, giggling and simply said, in a manic voice, "run!"

I looked behind her and there was a tiny, pink pig. I asked my mother, "is that a wild boar?" and she nodded, still running away quickly.

Suddenly, I was encumbered by a grocery shopping cart full of bags of something. It was heavy and I couldn't run fast like my mother. I tried to jump onto an old boxy car to escape the vicious pink piggy, but I didn't make it.

The pig bit my calf and I woke up.

How's that for a strange dream? Have you had any good dreams lately?

1 comment: