What are you doing this Black Friday? I'm vegging out at home, playing on my computer, tinkering around the house, and not going shopping.
Oh, I'm not boycotting the biggest shopping day of the season. No, I'm not celebrating Buy Nothing Day. I do need to make a quick trip to the grocery store. But I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, so there's no point in stressing out today. I'm going to relax.
And maybe I'll put up some Christmas decorations.
For now, here's something fun to do. Friday Fill-Ins. You should play along, too. It's like Mad Libs for grown ups.
You know you want to. So go here and play along.
1. Three things I must have on my Thanksgiving table: OMG I can't think about food right now. Too much cooking yesterday. I'll go with plates, forks, and elbows. ;)
2. This morning, I woke up, stumbled downstairs, saw piles of blankets and toys scattered about the living room, and spied my daughters, a tangle of limbs and blankets, sacked out on the couch.
3. This is my last Black Friday/Buy Nothing Day in the United States for at least a few years!
4. My plan for today is to decorate the living room and front door for Christmas. I don't need to go overboard in one day, but I could see myself at least pulling out the wreath and tree today.
5. Oh, man, thankfully it's supposed to be cooling off outside soon. Enough with the hot weather in late November.
6. I think my tween is trying to perfect the art of rolling her eyes as soon as I look away.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing in front of the television, tomorrow my plans include schlepping over to my weight watchers meeting and hoping for no gain, and Sunday, I want to get totally prepared for the week ahead. Man, I'm a boring grown up!