Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Love the Smell of Fallen Leaves

Crisp and fragrant.

I took my daughter to a nearby park to take some pictures. She's turning twelve this weekend and I like to take birthday portraits of my kids each year. Since the local foliage is at it's autumn peak right now, and she and I have been sick & cooped up in the house, we decided we needed some fresh air. So, we headed outdoors to snap some photos. Here are a few I took today:


The birthday girl


These pictures were taken at Flat Rock Park in Columbus, Georgia. There are stone walls, stone steps, bubbling brooks, miles and miles of trails, a pond, and lots of room to play.



Preteens. They're at a fun and frightful age, huh? My girl here, she's so full of life and light and so moody, all at once. There's no telling which side you're going to see. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. She's such a neat kid. Creative and smart and beautiful and sensitive.


This one's my favorite.


Look at that golden color! Gorgeous!



Yours truly. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment